I don’t know that there’s anything special about this recipe, I just know that it’s something I make every year. Back home in Seattle with Mom, then in California during college, and it always showed up as mini loaves on cookie plates for our neighbors in DC. We gave them out as Christmas gifts in Ukraine, and I discovered that I could make 48 mini muffins out of this recipe for the boys’ preschool class in Baku. Now we’re in Zambia and they will go in Christmas stockings for the Marines at the Embassy. And the best part is how good the house smells!!
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cloves
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup oil
16 oz can pumpkin
1. Beat together the sugar and the oil, then add the eggs and the pumpkin.
2. Mix the dry ingredients, then stir into the pumpkin mixture in 2 additions.
3. Grease TWO 9 x 5 loaf pans, and bake at 350 for one hour.
* For mini-muffins, grease two mini muffin pans and bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes. Makes about 48. Here they are in the sunlight, shining into our kitchen when we lived in Ukraine.
* If making mini loaves, use 6 small loaf pans. My pans are about 3″ x 5″